tct Structure / History
Towncentre Taupo became an incorporated society in June 2005. Since then its board and staff have achieved many positive outcomes, including:
• Increased recognition as a pro-active organisation and strong advocate for Taupo’s business community.
• Established a range of signature events and promotions. These include special activities at Easter, over winter and at Christmas.
• An up-to-date and accurate database of members.
• A monthly newsletter.
• Monthly business after five meeting which is well-supported by members.
• Monthly customer care award which celebrates excellent customer service.
• A professional and committed, organisation that delivers its objectives on behalf of its members.
• Active involvement and contribution as a strategic partner to Taupo District Council plans – this includes surveying Towncentre Taupo’s members for their input into a range of planning issues.
• Support for Taupo’s major events such as Ironman, the Lake Taupo Cycle Challenge, A1GP and Cyclemania.
• A willing board of representatives and staff who get involved, make informed decisions and use their range of skills in the best interests of its CBD stakeholders.
• An identifiable brand that links to the lake and complements the Taupo District Council’s theme for the CBD.